HHSC has received federal approval of a waiver that allows the state to expand Medicaid managed care while preserving hospital funding, provides incentive payments for health care improvements and directs more funding to hospitals that serve large numbers of uninsured patients.
- On June 8, 2022, CMS issued technical corrections to the Special Terms and Conditions to Texas’ section 1115 Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement Program (THTQIP) waiver. The STC Technical Corrections can be found here.
- On August 2, 2022, CMS approved the Interim Evaluation Report for the 1115 Evaluation Design Plan associated with the demonstration approval period between January 1, 2018 and September 30, 2022. The approved Interim Evaluation Report can be found here.
- On August 3, 2022, HHSC posted the Total Payments to Date for DY1-10 (Excel) on the RHP Summary Information page.
- On August 5, 2022, HHSC posted the April DY11 Category C Milestone Summary (Excel) and April DY11 Category and Measure Summary (Excel) on the 1115 Medicaid Waiver Tools & Guidelines for Regional Healthcare Partnership Participants page.
- On May 26, 2022 CMS approved the 1115 Evaluation Design Plan for the demonstration extension authorized through September 2030. The approved 1115 Evaluation Design Plan can be found here.
- On June 9, 2022, at 10:00 a.m., HHSC will hold a hybrid public forum with both virtual and in person options, to present updates on the Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement Program 1115 demonstration.
- View the most recent 1115 annual report, Demonstration year 10 (Oct. 2020-Sept. 2021) (PDF)
- Members of the public must pre-register to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/THTQIP_PCReg_Jun2022 no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
- Agenda and instructions for attending in person and virtually can be found here.
- HHSC is seeking approval of a one-year extension of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program. Authority for the DSRIP pool expired Sept. 30, 2021. The draft amendment package can be found here.
- On July 14, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. HHSC will hold a virtual-only public forum to present updates on the Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement Program 1115 waiver extension that was approved on Jan. 15, 2021.
- On June 21, 2021, at 1 p.m. HHSC will hold a virtual-only public forum to present updates on the Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement Program 1115 waiver and receive public comments.
- On Jan. 15, 2021, HHSC received Federal approval for the Texas Healthcare Transformation and Quality Improvement 1115 Demonstration Waiver.
- HHSC has posted the 1115 waiver Special Terms and Conditions, “Fast Track” application template, and Extension Appendices for public comment on the 1115 Waiver Renewal page.