The Texas Incentives for Physicians and Professional Services program is one of four directed payment programs HHSC has submitted for CMS approval as part of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Transition Plan. The proposed start date is September 1, 2021.
TIPPS is a value-based directed payment program for certain physician groups providing health care services to children and adults enrolled in the STAR, STAR+PLUS and STAR Kids Medicaid programs. Eligible physician groups include health-related institutions, indirect medical education physician groups affiliated with hospitals and other physician groups.
The program would include the three components:
- Component 1 would be paid as a per-member-per-month payment tied to requirements to implement quality improvement activities. HRIs and IMEs are eligible for Component 1.
- Component 2 would serve as a uniform rate enhancement based on achievement of quality metrics focused on primary care for adults and children and chronic care. HRIs and IMEs are eligible for Component 2.
- Component 3 would serve as a rate enhancement for certain outpatient services based on achievement of quality metrics focused on maternal health, chronic care, behavioral health, and Social Determinants of Health. All physician practice groups are eligible for Component 3.
Proposed Year 2 Metrics and Associated Reporting Requirements
HHSC will conduct a public hearing on January 13, 2022, beginning at 2:00 p.m. CST, to review proposed measures and reporting requirements for year 2 of the Texas Incentives for Physicians and Professional Services (TIPPS). Please note that TIPPS program year 1 is pending Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approval.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this hearing will be conducted online only. There is not a physical location for this hearing. Please register for the hearing here.
- Proposed Year 2 Requirements (PDF)
- TIPPS Taxonomy Code Changes for Year 2 (PDF)
- Proposed Year 2 Metrics (Excel)
Proposed Program Year 1 Rules and Requirements
- TIPPS rules §353.1309 and §353.1311
- TIPPS Requirements (PDF) (3/1/2021)
- TIPPS Stakeholder Feedback (PDF) (3/8/2021)
- Measure Specifications for TIPPS (Excel) (8/2/2021)
- Measure Specifications FAQs (Excel) ( 8/2/2021)
- Visit the HHSC Provider Finance website for more enrollment, eligibility and payment information for TIPPS.
- For financial questions, email email@example.com
- If you have questions about TIPPS quality requirements, email DPPQuality@hhs.texas.gov.