The Directed Payment Program for Behavioral Health Services is one of four directed payment programs HHSC has submitted for CMS approval as part of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Transition Plan.
DPP BHS is a directed payment program for community mental health centers to promote and improve access to behavioral health services, care coordination, and successful care transitions. It also incentivizes continuation of care for STAR, STAR+PLUS, and STAR Kids members using the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic model of care.
The program would include two components:
- Component 1 is a uniform dollar increase issued in monthly payments to all CMHCs participating in the program recognizing progress made toward certification or maintenance of CCBHC status and focusing on access and quality improvements such as telehealth services, collaborative care, integration of physical and behavioral health, and improved data exchange.
- Component 2 is a uniform percent increase on CCBHC services. As a condition of participation, providers are required to report on metrics that align with CCBHC measures and goals.
Proposed Year 2 Metrics and Associated Reporting Requirements
HHSC will conduct a public hearing on January 11, 2022, beginning at 9:30 a.m. CST, to review proposed measures and reporting requirements for year 2 of the DPP BHS program.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this hearing will be conducted online only. There is not a physical location for this hearing. Please register for the hearing here.
- Year 1 Round 1 Reporting starts on December 20, 2021. All reporting must be submitted to the HHSC DPP Quality mailbox at DPPQuality@hhs.texas.gov by 11:59 p.m. on January 7, 2022.
- DPP BHS Reporting Companion Y1R1 (PDF)
- The DPP BHS Y1R1 Reporting Webinar was held on December 16, 2021. A recording of the webinar is available.
- The Y1R1 reporting template has been sent to all enrolled DPP BHS providers. If you still require the template, please email a request to DPPQuaility@hhs.texas.gov.
Program Year 1 Rules and Requirements
- DPP BHS rules §353.1320 and §353.1322
- DPP BHS Requirements (PDF) (12/1/2021)
- DPP BHS Stakeholder Feedback (PDF) (3/13/2021)
- Measure Specifications for DPP BHS (Excel) (12/1/2021)
- Measure Specifications FAQs (Excel) (12/1/2021)
- Visit the HHSC Provider Finance website for more enrollment, eligibility and payment information for DPP BHS.
- For financial questions, email email@example.com.
- For financial questions, email DPPQuality@hhs.texas.gov.