What is VENA?
VENA (Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment) describes a comprehensive nutrition assessment process that is individualized and puts the client’s concerns and interests at the heart of the nutrition counseling experience. It encourages clients to make behavior changes through meaningful conversation guided by staff. VENA counseling helps make the nutrition assessment experience engaging and valuable not just for clients, but also for staff.
VENA Resource Documents & Tools
- VENA Counseling Framework Desk Reference (PDF)
- VENA Self-Audit Counseling Checklist (PDF)
- VENA Tips for Counselors and Trainers (PDF)
Local Agency Developed Tools
- VENA Structure Tool (PDF)
- WIC Works Sharing Gallery- Counseling & Education Guides
- WIC Learning Online Resources:
Check schedules and memos for upcoming VENA trainings.