Texas Health and Human Services protects children by regulating and educating child care providers. Child Care Licensing responsibilities include:
- Regulating all child-care operations and child-placing agencies to protect the health, safety, and well-being of children in care.
- Permitting and monitoring operations and agencies for compliance with state licensing standards, rules and laws.
- Investigating complaints alleging violations of minimum standards in child care and residential child care operations.
- Informing parents and the public about child care, including how specific child care and residential child care operations are complying with minimum standards of care.
- Giving child-care providers technical assistance on meeting licensing minimum standards, rules, and laws.
Emergency Preparedness for Child Care Providers
- National Playground Safety
- ABCs of Safe Sleep for Babies
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Child Passenger Safety Information and Seat Belt Use
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission – Publications
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - Recalls and Product Safety News
- Watch Kids Around Water - Join the campaign to stop drowning and heat-related child deaths.