What is DBMD?
The DBMD program provides home and community-based services to people who are deaf-blind with multiple disabilities as a cost-effective alternative to institutional placement. The program focuses on increasing opportunities for consumers to communicate and interact with their environment.
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: 512-438-2622
- Contracting information: 512-438-3550
- DBMD Interest List information: 1-877-438-5658
- Eligibility, enrollment, ID/RC, transfer, suspension, termination, renewal, and revision information: 512-438-4896
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 42: Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD) Program and Community First Choice (CFC) Services Program Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 553: Licensing Standards for Assisted Living Facilities
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 41: Consumer Directed Services Option