CCBHC Certification Process:
- To begin the application process, email an inquiry with organization name and list of current services to the CCBHC inbox: TexasCCBHCInitiative@hhsc.state.tx.us.
- Upon approval from HHSC, submit a full application by gathering all documents for submission and complete the HHSC-provided Submission Template to submit documents within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Submit the Submission Template along with all supporting documents to the SharePoint site created by the Texas CCBHC Reviewers.
- HHSC will review submitted materials. This process usually takes about 3-4 weeks.
- HHSC will score the submitted materials and will return a completed Texas CCBHC Certification Checklist. If a score of 90 percent or above is achieved, HHSC will reach out to schedule interviews. If a score is below 90 percent after the first review, HHSC will provide feedback and the organization will have two additional opportunities to resubmit materials.
- HHSC will interview a group of at least six managerial staff (i.e. team leads, managers) and a separate group of at least eight direct care staff members (i.e. case managers, therapists). These supervisors and staff should be representative of the various programs and locations within the organization.
- Upon completion of the interview process, a call will be set up with executive leadership to discuss certification status. If the organization is certified, a signed letter, certificate and Memorandum of Understanding will be sent to the organization.
- Certification is active for three years, after which, the organization may be eligible for recertification, as outlined in the Texas Recertification Guidance.