Promoting Full and Equal Business Opportunities
HHS is committed to ensuring that women, minority and service-disabled-veteran-owned businesses get a fair chance to compete for all contracts directly, including subcontracting opportunities.
Our goal is to promote full and equal business opportunities for all Texas certified HUBs, to remedy disparity in state procurement and contracting.
Statewide HUB Goals
These goals are based on the 2009 State of Texas Disparity Study:
- 11.2% Heavy Construction other than Building Contracts
- 21.1% Building Construction, including General Contractors and Operative Builders' Contracts
- 32.9% Special Trade Construction Contracts
- 23.7% Professional Services Contracts
- 26.0% Other Services Contracts
- 21.1% Commodities Contracts
HHS developed multi-year strategies to increase HUB participation by:
- Improving communication to and support of HUB vendors;
- Evaluating our processes to improve compliance with HUB contracting requirements;
- Increasing HUB awareness and participation;
- Identifying HUB opportunities in spot purchases and other small agency purchases; and
- Strengthening enforcement of HUB requirements.
Not certified? Visit the HUB Certification page for next steps on doing business with Texas.
Upcoming HUB Events
You can find all upcoming HUB events on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts HUB Calendar of Events website.
About HHS HUB
We encourage the use of HUBs to meet or exceed the statewide HUB Goals.
We evaluate procurement and contracting activities to make sure HHS is complying with HUB requirements. We identify potential subcontracting opportunities, review solicitations with HUB requirements, review and approve HUB Subcontracting Plans and take part in pre-bid and post-award conferences.
We also provide semi-annual and annual HUB reports to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Please contact us if you have questions about:
- HUB requirements for contracts
- The HUB Subcontracting Plan
- Monthly Progress Assessment Reports (PARS)
- HUB certification
- HUB marketing/events
- HUB reporting
- HUB trainings
Call (512) 406-2570 or email us at HHSC HUB Outreach.