Revision 15-4; Effective October 1, 2015
Before certifying applicants and recertifying recipients, complete the following:
- Ensure the applicant completes each question and signs and dates the application.
- Give the applicant Form H1019-F, Reporting Changes to Your Case. Explain that changes must be reported within 10 days after knowing about the change. Indicate the appropriate reporting requirement on Page 1.
- Refer the applicant to other programs for which the individual might be eligible such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); Medicaid; Supplemental Security Income (SSI); or Retirement, Survivors and Disability Insurance (RSDI). Refer individuals with a disability who are ineligible for Medical Programs for families and children to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Medicaid for the Elderly and People with Disabilities (MEPD) programs.
- Inform applicants of the right to request a review of their case for any HHSC action that affects their eligibility.
- Inform the applicant that the information provided is subject to verification by third parties.
There is no requirement to inform individuals to report accidents.