- NewsFebruary 28, 2022HHSC is coordinating with The University of Texas at Austin to preserve historical Austin State Hospital records to make them accessible for researchers and the public.
Topics: Data, Mental Health
- NewsJanuary 13, 2022HHS invites public input on the HHS system’s strategic plan for fiscal years 2023 through 2027.
- NewsNovember 9, 2021San Antonio State Hospital is hosting an on-site job fair on Wednesday, Nov. 10, to find and hire qualified candidates for almost 200 open positions. Some positions include a sign-on bonus of up to $5,000.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021White Cane Day offers an annual opportunity to celebrate and raise awareness about visual impairments and blindness.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021HHS is collaborating with the governor-appointed PANS Advisory Council to promote awareness and education.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Direct Support Professional Recognition Week honors the hard work and dedication of those who care for people with disabilities.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Gov. Abbott announced that HHSC is receiving up to $5 million in federal funding from CMS as part of an innovative program to help serve underserved Texans in rural hospitals throughout the state.
Topics: Health Care Facilities Regulation
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Ensuring the highest level of care leads an HHS employee to improve techniques to aid in designing custom wheelchair seats and treatment plans.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021In 2019, the Texas Legislature designated September as Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month to shine a light on this hereditary blood disorder.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Gov. Abbott announced that HHSC is providing approximately $286 million in emergency SNAP food benefits for the month of September as the state continues its response to the COVID-19 pandemic.