- NewsNovember 9, 2021San Antonio State Hospital is hosting an on-site job fair on Wednesday, Nov. 10, to find and hire qualified candidates for almost 200 open positions. Some positions include a sign-on bonus of up to $5,000.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021White Cane Day offers an annual opportunity to celebrate and raise awareness about visual impairments and blindness.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021HHS is collaborating with the governor-appointed PANS Advisory Council to promote awareness and education.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Direct Support Professional Recognition Week honors the hard work and dedication of those who care for people with disabilities.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Gov. Abbott announced that HHSC is receiving up to $5 million in federal funding from CMS as part of an innovative program to help serve underserved Texans in rural hospitals throughout the state.
Topics: Health Care Facilities Regulation
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Ensuring the highest level of care leads an HHS employee to improve techniques to aid in designing custom wheelchair seats and treatment plans.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021In 2019, the Texas Legislature designated September as Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month to shine a light on this hereditary blood disorder.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Gov. Abbott announced that HHSC is providing approximately $286 million in emergency SNAP food benefits for the month of September as the state continues its response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Gov. Abbott announced that HHSC has received approval from the U.S. Department of Agriculture for a third round of federal P-EBT food benefits for families with children who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to COVID-19.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021HHSC Information Technology was recently honored by the Texas Association of State Systems for Computing and Communications.