The Value-Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee (Quality Committee) provides a forum to promote public-private, multi-stakeholder collaboration in support of quality improvement and value-based payment initiatives for Medicaid, other publicly funded health services and the wider health care system. It was established in accordance with Texas Government Code §531.012.
For more information on Health and Human Services Value-Based Payment Initiative, visit the Value Based Care page.
The Quality Committee studies and makes recommendations regarding:
- Value-based payment and quality improvement initiatives to promote better care, better outcomes and lower costs for publicly funded health care services.
- Core metrics and a data analytics framework to support value-based purchasing and quality improvement in Medicaid/CHIP.
- HHSC and managed care organization incentive and disincentive programs based on value.
- The strategic direction for Medicaid/CHIP value-based programs.
The Quality Committee also pursues other deliverables consistent with its purpose to improve quality and efficiency in state health care services, as requested by the HHSC executive commissioner or adopted into its work plan or bylaws.
By December 1 of each even-numbered year, the committee submits a written report to the executive commissioner and Texas Legislature that:
- Describes current trends and identifies best practices in health care for value-based payment and quality improvement
- Provides recommendations consistent with the purposes of the Quality Committee
Bylaws: Value-Based Payment Quality Improvement Advisory Committee (PDF)
- May 23, 2023
- August 10, 2023
- November 14, 2023
The above dates are tentative.
Dana Danaher, Austin
Frank Dominguez, El Paso
Rachel Hammon, New Braunfels
Carol Huber, Chair, San Antonio
Janet Hurley, Whitehouse
Andy Keller, PhD, Dallas
Kathy Lee, Gatesville
Karen Love, Fort Worth
Melissa Matlock, Canyon
Benjamin McNabb, Pharm. D., Eastland
Binita Patel, MD, Houston
Rachana Patwa, Missouri City
Mary Dale Peterson, MD, Corpus Christi
Alejandro Posada, Houston
Joseph Ramon III, R.Ph., McAllen
Dr. Shao-Chee Sim, Missouri City
Michael Stanley, MD, Dallas
Roberto Villarreal, Seguin
David Weden, Buda
Ex Officio Representatives
Lisa C. Kirsch, Vice-Chair, Austin
Dr. Mike Ragain, Lubbock
Shayna Spurlin, College Station
For Additional Information
Please email Jimmy Blanton or call 512-380-4372.