The HHSC Psychiatric Executive Formulary Committee maintains and updates the Psychiatric Drug Formulary by:
- Recommending standards of drug use that discourage unnecessary duplication of therapeutic alternatives and encourage the highest standards of medical and pharmacy practice.
- Reviewing periodically the drugs listed in the formulary to ensure consistency with need, effectiveness, risk and cost.
- Consulting with experts in clinical pharmacy, pharmacology and other medical specialties as needed to objectively assess drugs under consideration.
- Adding new drugs to the formulary.
- Making other recommendations about drug use and policy as requested.
- Designating the formulations allowed for general use by service system components and their contractors.
- Committee chair: David Moron, M.D., Rio Grande State Center
- Secretary: Kasey L. Pena, Pharm.D., State Hospitals
- Yekini Adeyemi, R.N., Austin State Supported Living Center
- Angela Babin, R.Ph., The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- John Bennett, M.D., Dallas Metrocare Services
- Giovanna Betancourt, Pharm.D., El Paso State Supported Living Center
- Rakesh Chadalavada, M.D., Terrell State Hospital
- German Corso, M.D., Tropical Texas Behavioral Health
- Brad Fitzwater, M.D., HHSC Substance Use
- Catherine S. Hall, Pharm.D., San Antonio State Hospital
- Dana Hopkins, R.N, Austin State Hospital
- Jeffery Matthews, M.D., State Hospitals
- Leah Nunez, Pharm.D., Rio Grande State Center
- Brittany Parmentier, Pharm.D., The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Kenda Pittman, Pharm.D., State Supported Living Centers
- Sangeetha Rajan, M.D., Austin State Supported Living Center
- Rishi Sawhney, M.D., BHS Community Behavioral Health
- Lesia Trickett, M.D., State Supported Living Centers
- Ashton Wickramasinghe, M.D., State Supported Living Centers
- Patrick Young, M.D., Betty Hardwick Center
For More Information
Contact the HHSC Psychiatric Formulary Committee.