Texas Department of State Health Services, Robert D. Moreton Building Room M-100, First Floor
1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas
Updated Nov. 27, 2023: The TMDP updated this agenda on November 27, 2023, to include an additional agenda item, “Discuss informed consent for gender-affirming surgery and medical treatments and procedures.”
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the Moreton M-100 Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
As authorized by Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code §74.102(f), if any member of the panel is physically present at this meeting, any number of the other members of the panel may attend the meeting by use of telephone conference call, videoconferencing, or other similar telecommunication method.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to order, logistics, and roll call
- Consideration of September 8, 2023, draft meeting minutes
- Update on 25 TAC Chapter 601 revision project rules organization and format revisions (Repeal and Replace)
- Review of breast surgery (non-cosmetic) and urinary system treatments and procedures
- Review of endocrine and digestive system treatments and procedures
- Discuss informed consent for gender-affirming surgery and medical treatments and procedures
- Discuss updates to Frequently Asked Questions page on TMDP website
- Discuss adding PDF versions of List A and List B procedures to the TMDP website
- Public comment
- Announcements and agenda items for next meeting
The panel may take action on any agenda item.
Public Comment: The Texas Medical Disclosure Panel welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to the TMDP. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public must pre-register to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/TMDP_PCReg_Dec2023 no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 4, 2023. Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. If you have completed the Public Comment Registration form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comment. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comments virtually must ensure their face is visible and their voice audible to the other participants while they are speaking. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf, they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to TMDP members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 4, 2023, and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to TMDP members and State staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public may provide written public comments by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/TMDP_PCReg_Dec2023. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments must email the comments to HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 4, 2023. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to TMDP immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to TMDP members and State staff.
- Oral comments provided in-person at the meeting location: Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting in person at the meeting location either by pre-registering using the form above or without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of TMDP.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Kelli Weldon, Regulatory Services Division Operations Support, Health and Human Services Commission, at HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us or 512-438-2889.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Weldon at 512-438-2889 or HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.