Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) North Austin Complex (NAC), Room 1.401; 1st Floor
4601 W. Guadalupe Street, Austin, Texas
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the North Austin Complex Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Government Code. The member of the Committee presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, opening remarks, and introductions
- Consideration of August 31, 2023, draft meeting minutes
- Consideration of draft Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council Bylaws
- Presentation: Behavioral Health Collaborative Matching Grants – Status Report to the Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council
- Subcommittee Updates
- Behavioral Health Workforce
- Children’s Mental Health Strategic Plan
- Suicide Prevention
- Presentation: Suicide Prevention Initiatives and Data
- Presentation: Texas School for the Deaf
- Member announcements
- Public comment
- Review of action and agenda items for next meeting and closing remarks
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics above. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public must pre-register to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/SBHCC_PCReg_Nov2023 no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 28, 2023 . Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. If you have completed the Public Comment Registration form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comment. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comments virtually must ensure their face is visible and their voice audible to the other participants while they are speaking. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to SBHCC members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to MentalHealth_SBHCC@hhs.texas.gov immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 28, 2023, and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to SBHCC members and State staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public may provide written public comments by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/SBHCC_PCReg_Nov2023. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments must email the comments to MentalHealth_SBHCC@hhs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, Tuesday, November 28, 2023. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to SBHCC members and State staff.
- Oral comments provided in-person at the meeting location: Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting in person at the meeting location either by pre-registering using the form above or without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Adriana Flores, SBHCC Liaison, Office of Mental Health Coordination, 737-263-7827, or MentalHealth_SBHCC@hhs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should call 737-263-7827 or email MentalHealth_SBHCC@hhs.texas.gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.