Hilton Austin Hotel, Salon H
500 East 4th Street Austin, Texas
This meeting will be conducted live and virtually through Microsoft Teams.
Virtual meeting links are posted to the GETAC webpage at
- Call to Order – Alan Tyroch, MD, Chair
- Roll Call – DSHS Staff
- Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission – Alan Tyroch, MD, Chair
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System
- Review and Approval of August 18, 2023, Minutes
- Chair Report and Discussion
- State Reports:
- Center for Health Emergency Preparedness and Response (CHEPR)
- EMS/Trauma Systems Section
- Office of Injury Prevention
- Texas EMS and Trauma Registry
- Child Passenger Safety
- GETAC Committee Reports:
- Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport Committee
- Cardiac Care Committee
- Disaster Preparedness and Response Committee
- Emergency Medical Services Committee
- EMS Education Committee
- EMS Medical Directors Committee
- Injury Prevention and Public Education Committee
- Pediatric Committee
- Stroke Committee
- Trauma Systems Committee
- GETAC Strategic Plan Section Review
- Texas System Performance Improvement (PI) Plan and PI Task Force Update
- Action Items
- Position Statement 2023-A: Support for National Pediatric Readiness Quality Initiative (NPRQI)
Discussion, public comment, and possible action on the following items:
(Public comment time may be limited at Chair's discretion.)
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Discussion of Rural Priorities
- Discussion and possible action on initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve the Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System in Texas.
- Texas EMS Trauma Acute Care Foundation (TETAF) Report
- Final Public Comments
- Next meeting dates
- Adjournment - Alan Tyroch, MD, Chair
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comments to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM, November 16, 2023. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members and state staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages of documentation (paper size: 8.5" by 11", one side only). Handouts must be emailed to DSHS no later than 5:00 PM, November 16, 2023, and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jorie Klein, DSHS, at 512-535-8538 or Jorie.Klein@dshs.texas.gov.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Jorie Klein at 512-535-8538 or Jorie.Klein@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.