Houston Community College, Codwell Hall, Room 219
555 Community College Dr., Houston, TX
Macara Trusty, LP, Chair
Lucille Maes, LP, Taylor Ratcliff, MD, Council Liaisons
Mattie Mendoza, Joseph Schmider, DSHS
Virtual meeting links are posted to the GETAC webpage at www.dshs.texas.gov/dshs-ems-trauma-systems/governors-ems-trauma-advisory-council.
Call to Order/Roll Call – Macara Trusty, LP, Chair
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements – Committee Members
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Discussion and possible action on the following items – Committee Members
- Review education requirements from Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Chapter 157, Subchapter C. Emergency Medical Services Training and Course Approval for all levels of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel. – Macara Trusty, Chair
- 157.32 Emergency Medical Services Education Program and Course Approval
- 157.38 Continuing Education (CE)
- Topics for CE Content Areas
- 157.39 Comprehensive Clinical Management Program (CCMP) Approval
- Review education requirements from Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Chapter 157, Subchapter D. Emergency Medical Services Personnel Certification for all levels of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel. – Macara Trusty, Chair
- 157.43 Course Coordinator Certification
- 157.44 Emergency Medical Services Instructor Certification
- EMS Timeout (Patient Handoff from EMS transporting personnel to receiving facility)
- Texas System Performance Improvement Plan and Recommendations for EMS Education Outcome Measures
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve EMS Education in Texas, including discussion related to GETAC Strategic Plan and the inclusion of EMS Education Objectives and Strategies within the plan. – Macara Trusty, Chair
- Advanced Education Program Skills Sheets
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) Student Minimum Competencies (SMCs)
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report – Committee Members Announcements – Macara Trusty, Chair
Review and list agenda items for next meeting – Macara Trusty, Chair
Next meeting date – Macara Trusty, Chair
Adjournment – Macara Trusty, Chair
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., September 27, 2023. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, state staff, and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages of documentation (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to DSHS no later than 5:00 p.m., September 27, 2023, and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jorie Klein, DSHS, 512-535-8538, or Jorie.Klein@dshs.texas.gov.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Deidra Lee at 512-638-7945 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.