Texas Department of State Health Services, Robert Bernstein Building, Room K-100
1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas
Location: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 West 49th Street, Robert Bernstein Building, Room K-100, Austin, Texas 78756
To join from your telephone:
Call number: (512) 580-4366
Access Code: 705864276#
To join from your computer using Microsoft Teams:
Meeting ID: 281 766 560 374
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the Bernstein K-100 Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
- Presiding member’s welcome and introductions.
- Establish a quorum – roll call and possible action to approve excused absences.
- Statewide Health Coordinating Council (SHCC) discussion and possible action to approve March 2, 2023, Meeting Minutes.
- Presentation by Anja Taylor, Texas Homeless Data Sharing Network Project Manager at The Homeless Network on the implementation of a statewide homeless data-sharing network to assist in emergency situations.
- Presentation by Dr. Jennie Simpson, Associate Commissioner and State Forensic Director, Office of Forensic Coordination, Health and Human Services Commission, on the behavioral health services available to justice-involved individuals.
- Update on implementation of 2025-2026 Update to the State Health Plan.
- SHCC agency representatives’ reports.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Update on SHCC representation on the Texas Health and Human Services Commission E-Health Advisory Committee
- Health Professions Resource Center and SHCC coordinator’s report
- Texas Center for Nursing Workforce Studies report
- Administrative items and next steps
- Tentative SHCC meeting dates: October 5, 2023 and February 29, 2024
- Public comment and adjourn
Note: The SHCC may act upon any agenda item.
For Additional Information Contact: Lissette Curry at 512-696-3881 or SHCC@dshs.texas.gov, Department of State Health Services, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Texas Government Code. The member of the Council presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Lissette Curry, at 512-696-3881 or SHCC@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Section 46.15(o), prohibiting firearms and other weapons prohibited under Section 46.03, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.