Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), John H. Winters Building, Public Hearing Room 125, First Floor
701 West 51st Street, Austin, Texas
Texas Penal Code Section 46.03(a)(14) states: “A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) … in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held, if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and if the entity provided notice as required by that chapter.”
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Section 46.15(o), prohibiting firearms and other weapons prohibited under Section 46.03, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting here. Select the tab for the Winters Public Hearing Room Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Government Code. The member of the Council presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, call to order, introductions and roll call
- Consideration of joint SP3W and IDD SRAC August 11, 2022, draft meeting minutes
- Consideration of Officer Election Procedure and SP3W Vice-Chair election
- SP3W Bylaws review
- SP3W updates
- SP3W evaluation update
- SP3W subcommittees updates
- IDD SRAC subcommittees updates
- Day Habilitation and Employment Services
- System Adequacy
- Transition to Managed Care
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for next meeting
The committees may take any action on any agenda item.
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to any agenda items noted above. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public must pre-register to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form here no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. If you have completed the Public Comment Registration form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comment. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comments virtually must ensure their face is visible and their voice audible to the other participants while they are speaking. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to SP3W and IDD SRAC members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to SPPPW to immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 8, 2022, and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to SP3W and IDD SRAC members and State staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public may provide written public comments by completing a Public Comment Registration form here. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments must email the comments to SPPPW no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to SP3W and IDD SRAC members and State staff.
- Oral comments provided in-person at the meeting location: Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting in person at the meeting location either by pre-registering using the form above or without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Beren Dutra, Advisory Committee Liaison, Medicaid and CHIP Services, at 512-438-4329, Email Beren Dutra at SPPPW.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Dutra at 512-438-4329 or email SPPPW at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.