Department of State Health Services, Bernstein Building, Room K100
1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas
This meeting will be conducted live and virtually through Microsoft Teams, only.
To access the online meeting, go to the link below and register.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 P.M., June 14, 2022.
Registration link below for public comments. Once the form is completed, DSHS will provide the link for registered public attendees.
- Call to order,
- Review and approval of minutes of the December 9, 2021, Open Meeting
- DSHS general updates
- Updates to the timeframes/timelines for Medical Advisory Board (MAB) reviews
- Physician recruitment efforts
- Board case volume/year
- Discussion and possible actions on the Medical Advisory Board Guide for Determining Driver Limitation:
- Guidelines for drug use/abuse as it pertains to the Compassionate Use Act and low potency cannabis, Texas Compassionate Use Act and low potency cannabis, Texas Health and Safety Code, Chapter 487. Texas Compassionate-Use Act and Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 169. Authority to Prescribe Low-THC Cannabis to Certain Patient for Compassionate Use.
- Review of restriction timeframes for Alcohol Use/Abuse
- Assessment of the Neurological Guidelines and the three-month timeframe for private vehicle restrictions, Texas Medial Advisory Board Guide for Determining Driver Limitation, Neurological Guidelines, pages 10-20.
- Review of Blackout Guidelines and Medical Etiologies as it relates to the restriction timeframe(s)
- Discussion, review, and recommendations of the Medical Advisory Board Medical History Form and the required component(s)
- Updates from Process Improvement Committee
- Public Comment
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to the Medical Advisory Board. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., June 14, 2022. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Board.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., June 14, 2022. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Board members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to the Medical Advisory Board Administrative Support Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-834-6739.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact the Medical Advisory Board Administrative Support Group at email@example.com or by phone at 512-834-6739.