Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, Hill Country Rooms A and B
6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX
This meeting will be conducted live and virtually through Microsoft Teams.
To access the online meeting, click on the link below and register.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 P.M., May 19, 2022.
Call to Order – Alan Tyroch, MD, Chair
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System
Review and Approval of March 11, 2022 Minutes
- Chair Report and Discussion
- State Reports:
- Center for Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- EMS Trauma Systems Section
- Texas EMS and Trauma Registry
- Conflict of Interest Discussion
- GETAC Committee Reports:
- Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport Committee
- Cardiac Care Committee
- Disaster Preparedness and Response Committee
- Emergency Medical Services Committee
- EMS Education Committee
- EMS Medical Directors Committee
- Injury Prevention and Public Education Committee
- Pediatric Committee
- Stroke Committee
- Trauma Systems Committee
Discussion, public comment, and possible action on the following items:
(Public comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion.)
- Update of Texas Administrative Code Title 25
- 157.125, Requirements for Trauma Facility Designation, Documentation of Evidence Guide
- 157.123 Regional Emergency Medical Services /Trauma Systems, Regional Advisory Councils (RACs)
- 157.128 Denial, Suspension, and Revocation of Trauma Facility Designation
- 157.130 EMS and Trauma Care System Account
- 157.131 Designated Trauma Facility and Emergency Medical Services Account, Regional Trauma Account
- 157.122 Trauma Service Areas
- 157.133 Requirements for Stroke Facility Designation
- 157.11 Dialysis Protocol for EMS Providers
- 157.41 Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for Public Access Defibrillation
- GETAC Members and Committees professional behavior
- GETAC Council Members and Conflict of Interest Review
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Discussion of Rural Priorities
- Continued discussion of formation of GETAC Regional Advisory Committee
- Continued discussion of rule revision and priorities
- Discussion and possible actions on initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve the Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System in Texas.
- GETAC Stakeholders Reports:
- Texas EMS, Trauma, and Acute Care Foundation (TETAF)
- EMS for Children (EMSC) State Partnership
- Texas Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Council
- Texas Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival (TX CARES)
- Texas Suicide Prevention Council
- Stop the Bleed Texas Coalition
- Statewide Wristband Project
Final Public Comments
Next meeting dates
Adjournment - Alan Tyroch, MD, Chair
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing Crystal.Beard@dshs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 P.M., May 19, 2022. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, state staff, and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages of documentation (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to DSHS no later than 5:00 P.M., May 19, 2022, and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jorie Klein, DSHS, 512-535-8538, or Jorie.Klein@dshs.texas.gov.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Crystal Beard at 737-270-0202 or Crystal.Beard@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.