Microsoft Office Teams Live Event
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Closed captioning for this meeting is available. Viewers are asked to highlight the closed captioning symbol "cc" on the bottom of their viewing screen to enable this function.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to Order, Welcome and Opening Remarks – Natalie Vanek, M.D., Committee Chair
- Logistical Announcement and Roll Call – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, HHSC
- Consideration of January 29, 2021 and April 30, 2021, meeting minutes – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, HHSC
- Department of State Health Services Updates – Imelda Garcia, MPH Associate Commissioner of Laboratory and Infectious Disease Services
- Organizational changes
- Introduction of Josh Hutchinson, DSHS Central Pharmacy
- Exceptional item update
- TB/HIV/STD Section Updates - Felipe Rocha, MSSW, Director TB/HIV/STD Section
- THMP Budget report
- Moving Forward Together meeting summary
- THMP Update - Rachel Sanor, THMP Manager
- Rules change
- Projections and demographic information
- Long-lasting injection medication update
- Procedure for Election of New Officers – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, HHSC
- Sub-Committee Reports
- Formulary Sub-committee – Natalie Vanek, M.D.
- Governance/Data – Nancy Miertschin
- Eligibility – Frank Rosas
- Public Comment – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, HHSC
- Action items and agenda topics for next scheduled meeting November 5, 2021 – Natalie Vanek, M.D., Committee Chair
- Adjourn – Natalie Vanek, M.D., Committee Chair
Public Comment: The Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to the Texas HIV Medication Program. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public who would like to provide written public comment to DSHS may email Mary Richards, at Mary.Richards@dshs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 28, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be forwarded to State staff and Committee members for their consideration. Comments should not include confidential information or protected health information.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 28, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section during the meeting to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and the organization you are representing, or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. Do not include confidential information or protected health information in comments.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker must state their name and either the organization they are representing or that they are speaking as a private citizen. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible PDF format. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to DSHS staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include confidential information or protected health information in handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to Committee members and State staff. It is not permissible for public speakers to interject or ask questions to Committee members during the rest of the meeting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Mary Richards, Pharmacy Coordinator, Department of State Health Services, at Mary.Richards@dshs.texas.gov or via phone at 1-800-255-1090.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Mary Richards, at Mary.Richards@dshs.texas.gov, or 800-255-1090 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.