October 19, 2020 - 2:00 pm
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Join the meeting here. Attendees who wish to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome and roll call
- Opening remarks
- Election of chair and vice chair
- Review and approve minutes from the July 20, 2020, full TBIAC meeting
- Executive Committee members will review and approve minutes from the July 31, 2020, Executive Committee meeting
- Committee updates
- Education and awareness and services and supports
- Legislative and policy
- Database review
- Appointment of new members to committees
- Review and approve the TBIAC Fiscal Year 2020 Report to the Health and Human Services Commission Executive Commissioner
- Review and approve the TBIAC 2020 Report Presented to the Texas Legislature
- Overview of TBIAC bylaws update project
- Office of Acquired Brain Injury program announcements
- Brain injury awareness and education activities
- Status of filling TBIAC positions
- Update of the Texas Government Code Chapter 534, Chapter C, as amended by House Bill 4533, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019) and the STAR+PLUS pilot program
- Public comment
- Announcement of the 2021 tentative meeting dates - January 25, 2021; April 19, 2021; July 19, 2021; and October 18, 2021
- Preparation for next meeting
The Council may take action on any agenda item.
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to TBIAC. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing Velma.Ortega@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 15, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the TBIAC.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment and information about joining the meeting will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 15, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen as well as your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and whom they are speaking on behalf of. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Velma Ortega, advisory committee liaison, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-438-4060, or Velma.Ortega@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Ortega at 512-438-4060 or Velma.Ortega@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.