Texas Health and Human Services maintains a broad range of records. Also, because of the unique position we hold in the state, our skilled employees research and report on a range of health and human services issues that affect Texans.
- DSHS Medical and Research Library - Researchers, counselors, and medical practitioners working for or through the Texas Health and Human have access to this library. The library also addresses the general reference, staff development and information needs of HHS employees and assists students, other state employees and members of the public in Texas who require health-related information.
- Interest List Reduction - Because the demand community-based services and supports often outweighs available resources, applicant's names may be placed on an interest list until services are available. However, some needs may be met through other programs until an applicant's name comes to the top of the list.
- Research and Statistics – This site includes research documents related to health and social services programs, such as Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families and SNAP food benefits.
- Search for or Order Vital Statistics Records – Order birth, death, marriage and divorce records online.
- Vital Statistics – Find birth, death, marriage, divorce, adoption, and paternity records