HHSC adopted rules relating to physical activity, nutrition and screen time effective March 10, 2021. The adopted rules are in:
- Chapter 744, Minimum Standards for School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- Chapter 746, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers
- Chapter 747, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Homes
The adopted rules align the minimum standards for child-care centers and registered child-care homes with:
- Standards for physical activity and screen time in Caring for Our Children, 4th edition
- Nutrition standards of the federal Child and Adult Care Food Program
Child Care Regulation will provide technical assistance for the first six months the rules are in effect, from March 10 through Sept. 10, 2021.
You may view the adopted rules, highlighted versions of the adopted rules, and revision memos that outline the changes on the Minimum Standards webpage. CCR is updating the Chapter 744, Chapter 746, and Chapter 747 minimum standards publications and will notify you when the updates are complete.