Governor Abbott announced today that COVID-19 vaccine distribution for LTC providers should begin December 14, 2020.
The final deadline to register for the Pharmacy Partnership for LTC Program is Friday, December 4, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Registration information included below.
The Pharmacy Partnership for LTC program is a federal partnership with CVS, Walgreens, and select pharmacies in the Managed Health Care Associates (MHA) network. As part of this program, which is free of charge to facilities, the federal pharmacy partner will:
- Schedule and coordinate on-site clinic dates directly with each facility.
- Order vaccines and associated supplies (e.g., syringes, needles, personal protective equipment).
- Ensure cold chain management for vaccine.
- Provide on-site administration of vaccine to all residents and any staff not already vaccinated.
- Report required vaccination data to the local, state/territorial, and federal jurisdictions within 72 hours of administering each dose.
- Adhere to all applicable CMS COVID-19 testing requirements for LTCF staff.
To register for the program, email: Kayla.Lail@hhs.texas.gov. Registration requests must include all the following information:
- Type of provider (e.g., assisted living facility, day activity and health services facility, home health agency, hospice, intermediate care facility, nursing facility, prescribed pediatric extended care facility)
- Is the provider CMS-certified? If so, include the CMS certification number and NHSN number.
- Facility Name
- Complete Facility Address - including city and zip code
- Facility Point of Contact Name, Phone number and email address.
- Indicate which retail pharmacy partner your facility prefers (e.g., CVS, Walgreens, or existing pharmacy partner, if possible).
- If "existing pharmacy partner" was indicated, provide the existing pharmacy partner name
- If "existing pharmacy partner" was indicated, and your existing pharmacy partner is unable to obtain the vaccine or host free on-site clinics, indicate a contingency option (e.g., CVS or Walgreens).