A phishing email has been identified as potentially targeting child care providers. It asks them to "Validate Profile" for their next license renewal and requests additional information.
The emails appear to come from "Texas Secretary of State" or have "Texas Licensing" in the Subject Line. However, the sender's email is not tied to either of these entities.
Please be aware that these have not been sent by Child Care Regulation and may contain malicious links.
If you receive one, delete it immediately. Permit renewal will always be done through the Child-Care Licensing Account Portal or through your licensing representative.
What you can do to stay safe:
- Don't reply to suspicious emails.
- Don't open attachments or click links in emails from senders you don't recognize.
- Check the website address of links. If it looks suspicious, manually type the correct website address in the browser bar.
- Use trusted sources or if in doubt, contact your licensing representative.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email or respond to email solicitations for this information.