Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Due to COVID-19, nursing services can be provided by telehealth. For people enrolled in the waiver programs, HHSC allows a nursing assessment and a comprehensive nursing assessment through telehealth. The nursing service must be done within the scope of the nurse’s license and standards of practice. The program provider must not direct a nurse to complete an assessment using telehealth if the nurse deems it inappropriate. The registered nurse who completes the assessment has the sole discretion to determine if this method can be used.
In the fee-for-service Medicaid 1915(c) waiver programs, provide nursing services in accordance with:
- Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 301 (Nursing Practice Act);
- 22 TAC Chapter 217 (relating to Licensure, Peer Assistance, and Practice);
- 22 TAC Chapter 224 (relating to Delegation of Nursing Tasks by Registered Professional Nurses to Unlicensed Personnel for Clients with Acute Conditions or in Acute Care Environments); and
- 22 TAC Chapter 225 (relating to RN Delegation to Unlicensed Personnel and Tasks Not Requiring Delegation in Independent Living Environments for Clients with Stable and Predictable Conditions).
The Board of Nursing recently provided resources, including an FAQ about telehealth.
Until HHSC provides notice otherwise, this alert applies to:
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services
- Deaf-Blind with Multiple Disabilities
- Texas Home Living
- Home and Community-based Services