Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
October 19, 2021 - 10:00am
Location: The physical location of the meeting will be Texas Department of State Health Services, Bernstein Building, Conference Room K-100, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756.
The public meeting will be viewable and archived on the Texas Health and Human Services website: https://www.hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings
Please note that TEAMS is needed to access the meeting. The site can also be accessed by using Microsoft Edge as a web browser.
Telephone conference call-in information:
+1 512-580-4366 United States, Austin, Texas
Phone Conference ID: 708 487 188#
The Toxic Substances Coordinating Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items, as time allows:
- Call to order and welcome everyone
- Approval of minutes dated June 15, 2021
- Presenter: Irina Cody, Emerging and Acute Infectious Disease Unit, DSHS, DSHS, Food safety and outbreak investigations
- Subcommittee reports:
- Harmful Algal Bloom workgroup meeting update
- Fish Sampling subcommittee meeting update
- Environmental Health and Toxicology workgroup update
- Agency updates on department policy and/or legislative issues:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Railroad Commission of Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Public comments
- Review of upcoming meetings:
- December 14, 2021 – Kerry Nieman, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- March 15, 2022 – Dr. Armando Elizalde-Velazquez, Texas Department of Agriculture
- June 21, 2022 – speaker to be determined
- September 20, 2022 – speaker to be determined
- December 20, 2022 – Dr. Thad Scott, Baylor University
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of the people of Texas through the prevention and control of adverse health effects related to toxic substances and harmful physical agents. This is accomplished through interagency coordination of regulation development, health risk assessments, cooperative studies, information dissemination, and public education efforts.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Heidi Bojes at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.