Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
October 15, 2021 - 10:00am
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting here. Select the tab for the Winters Public Hearing Room Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Government Code. The member of the Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee (SEAC) meeting presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome/Call to Order/Introduction of members and staff.
- Approval of the minutes for the October 16, 2020 SEAC meeting. *
- Discussion and recommendations related to resources for the SEAC Allergies and Anaphylaxis webpage.
- Update from the Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Review of school asthma and epinephrine laws and reports from other states.
- Discussion of SEAC Bylaws.
- Public comment.
*Denotes action items.
The committee may take any action on any agenda item.
Public Comment: DSHS welcomes public comments pertaining to topics above. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
- Members of the public may pre-register to provide oral comments at the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form here. Pre-registration is not required (see #3 below). Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to SEAC members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 13, 2021, and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to SEAC members and State staff.
- Members of the public may provide written public comments before the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form here. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comment may email the comments to SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 13, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to DSHS immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to SEAC members and State staff.
- Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Kelsii Dilley at (512) 776-3580. You may also email questions to SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Ms. Kelsii Dilley at (512) 776-3580 or SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.