Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
September 24, 2021 - 8:00am
Location: For Members of the Public the Physical Location of the Conference call will be: Texas Health and Human Services Commission, John H. Winters Building, Conference Room 125C, 701 West 51st Street, Austin, Texas 78751
Attendees who would like to provide public comment may do so in person or in writing as described in the Public Comment section below.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public
Comment section below.
TRAB’s Topic Research Committee will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items:
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the June 25, 2021, TRAB Topic Research Committee meeting
- Public Comments
- Routine and Continuing Business
- Updates on rulemaking priorities, Sections 289.233 and 289.226 and 21R035 Rule for medical use of radioactive material.
- New Business:
- Summary of Legislative Actions during the Special Session effecting radiation
- Identify any additional topics that need further research to be addressed by the TRAB Topic Research Committee
- Identify topics to recommend for further discussion and/or to be addressed at future meetings of the Topic Research Committee; Medical Committee; Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium, and Waste (INUW) Committee; TRAB
- Summarize TRAB Topic Research Committee meeting and recommendations for Committee Report and proposed action items for TRAB or for future agenda items for TRAB, the Medical Committee, the Topics Research Committee, or the Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium, and Waste (INUW) Committee
The telephone conference call-in information is:
Call 512-580-4366 and enter 660 540 921#
Members of the public are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may do so in person at the physical location of the meeting. The identity of each party to the conference call to be clearly stated prior to speaking.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm September 22, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 pm September 22, 2021. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and, on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to TRAB Topic Research Committee members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact persons: Chair: Darshan Schade email@example.com
Vice-Chair: Mark Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program: Brian Vamvakias telephone 512-751-3996: or email Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texs.gov
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the TRAB Topic Research Committee’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, a meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Brian Vamvakias, Department of State Health Services, at 512-751-3996 or Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.