Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
September 24, 2021 - 10:45am
Location: For Members of the Public the Physical Location of the Conference call will be: Texas Health and Human Services Commission, John H. Winters Building, Conference Room 125C, 701 West 51st Street, Austin, Texas 78751
Attendees who would like to provide public comment may do so in person or in writing as described in the Public Comment section below.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public
Comment section below.
TRAB will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items, as time allows:
- Call to order
- Roll call and introductions of guests
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the June 25, 2021, meeting
- Public Comments
- TRAB Committee Reports and Recommendations
- Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium and Waste Committee
- Medical Committee
- Topic Research Committee
- Program Reports
- Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (TLLRWDCC)
- Waste Control Specialists (WCS)
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission – Bobby Janecka, State Liaison Officer
- Routine and Continuing Business
- Recognition of TRAB member’s excused absence from this meeting
- Status of the TRAB’s Recommendations on Licensing Fee Structure
- Summary and TRAB recommendations to 21R035 Rule Project-
25 TAC §289.252 Licensing of Radioactive Material
25 TAC §289.256 Medical and Veterinary Used of Radioactive Material
25 TAC §289.257 Packaging and Transportation of Radioactive
DSHS Rule Website
- Status of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s (NRC’s) Integrated Materials Performance Evaluation Program (IMPEP)
- Status of updating the Status of updating the TRAB’s Publications webpage
- New Business
- Election of Board Officers
- DOE presentation on the Cs-137 contamination in Seattle, WA-To be determined
- Continued discussion on alternate TRAB meeting locations and educational opportunities
- Update of Veterinary 25 TAC §289.233 rulemaking changes
- Discuss Molten Salt Research Reactor
- Identification of Agenda Items and/or topics for next or future TRAB or TRAB Committee Meetings
The telephone conference call-in information is:
Call 512-580-4366 and enter 480 421 760#
Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comments to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm September 22, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by TRAB.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Form. Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on September 22, 2021. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen and your direct phone number.
Public comments are limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in an accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to TRAB members, State staff, and public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Chair: John P. Hageman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chair: William Pate, email@example.com
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program: Brian Vamvakias telephone 512-751-3996 or email Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texas.gov
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under TRAB’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, a meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Brian Vamvakias, Department of State Health Services, at 512-751-3996 or Brian.Vamvakias@dshs/texas/gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.