Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
September 24, 2021 - 9:00am
Location: For Members of the Public the Physical Location of the Conference call will be: Texas Health and Human Services Commission, John H. Winters Building, Conference Room 125C, 701 West 51st Street, Austin, Texas 78751
Attendees who would like to provide public comment may do so in person or in writing as described in the Public Comment section below.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public
Comment section below.
TRAB’s Medical Committee will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items:
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the June 25, 2021, TRAB Medical Committee meeting
- Public Comments
- Routine and Continuing Business:
- Rule 25 TAC 289.233: concise presentation for Texas veterinarians on “Suggested Regulatory Compliance in Veterinary Medicine” (Pate)
- Update on rulemaking 25 TAC 228.226 “Registration of Radiation Machine Use and Services”
- Discuss standardized TRAB business plan format (Silguero)
- New Business
- Status of Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors (CRCPD) recommendation on gonadal shielding during abdominal and pelvic radiography for all ages
- Review 21R035 Rule Project-Radioactive Material and make recommendations to the Board (Pate, Harvey, Trubek, Posey)
- 25 TAC §289.252 Licensing of Radioactive Material
- 25 TAC §289.256 Medical and Veterinary Uses of Radioactive
- 25 TAC §289.257 Packaging and Transportation of Radioactive
DSHS Rule Website
- Identify topics to recommend for further discussion and/or to be addressed at future meetings of the Medical Committee; Topic Research Committee; Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium, and Waste (INUW) Committee; or full Board
- Summarize Committee meeting and recommendations for Committee Report and proposed action items for TRAB.
The telephone conference call-in information is:
Call 512-580-4366 and enter 438 674 169#
Members of the public are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may do so in person at the physical location of the meeting. The identity of each party to the conference call to be clearly stated prior to speaking.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comments to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on September 22, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the TRAB Medical Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Form. Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on September 22, 2021. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comments are limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and, on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in an accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Medical Committee members, State staff, and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Chair: Darlene Metter, M.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair: Mark Silberman, M.D., email@example.com
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program: Brian Vamvakias telephone 512-751-3996: or email Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texas.gov
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the Board’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, a meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Brian Vamvakias, Department of State Health Services, at 512-751-3996 or firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.