Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
September 22, 2021 - 9:30am
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting here. Select the tab for the Winters Public Hearing Room Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Government Code. The member of the Committee presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, introductions, opening remarks, and logistical announcements
- Consideration of June 9, 2021, meeting minutes (vote required)
- Election of committee chair and vice chair
- COVID-19 update
- STAR Kids/Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) legislative updates
- 86th Legislative Session update: SB 1207, Coordination of Benefits and Specialty Providers
- 87th Legislative Session Update
- SB 1648, Specialty Providers
- HB 4, Telehealth Services
- HB 2658
- Dental for Adults in STAR+PLUS
- School Health and Related Services (SHARS)
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interest List Study
- SB 1829, Member Directory
- Applied Behavioral Analysis update
- Non-emergency medical transportation update
- SKMCAC subcommittee updates
- Health homes and outcome measures
- STAR Kids-Screening and Assessment Instrument Medically Dependent Children Program, prior authorizations, and Intellectual and Developmental Disability waiver carve-in
- Transition from children’s services to adult services
- FY 2021 STAR Kids/MDCP Long-Term Services and Supports Utilization Review results
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda for December 8, 2021, meeting
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics above. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
Members of the public may pre-register to provide oral comments at the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form here. Pre-registration is not required (see #3 below). Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to SKMCAC members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to Caroline Sunshine at Caroline.Sunshine@hhs.texas.gov immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, September 20, 2021, and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to SKMCAC members and State staff.
Members of the public may provide written public comments before the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form here. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comment may email the comments to Caroline Sunshine at Caroline.Sunshine@hhs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, September 20, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to SKMCAC members and State staff.
Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Caroline Sunshine, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Medicaid and CHIP Services Department, 512-428-1948, Caroline.Sunshine@hhs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Sunshine at 512-428-1948 or Caroline.Sunshine@hhs.texas.gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.