September 3, 2021 - 3:30pm
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to health precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic,
this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only.
To access the online meeting, register here.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., August 31, 2021
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency HealthcareSystem.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of February meeting minutes
GETAC Chair comments
EMS/Trauma Systems update
Texas Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Council (TXCVDS) update
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- Update from DSHS regarding revision of Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Section 157.133
- Review of Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) standards to survey Level I Comprehensive Stroke Centers
- Update from the Transport Bypass Protocol Workgroup
- Pediatric transport protocol
- Pediatric stroke facility criteria recommendation/certification
- Hospital/EMS pickup recommendations
- Update from the Data Workgroup
- National EMS Information System (NEMSIS) data points
- Data requests, Hospital performance measures
- Survey Request
- Update from the Stroke Education Program Workgroup
- Pediatric Stroke Continuing Education
- First Responder Continuing Education
- EMS training requirement and recommendations
- Face-Arms-Speech-Time “FAST” Program
- Stroke Prevention and Community Education
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and
determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve stroke care in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., August 31, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., August 31, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, Department of State Health Services, 512-484-8113, or email@example.com.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.