August 11, 2021 - 1:00pm
Microsoft Office Teams Live Event
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Closed captioning for this meeting is available. Viewers are asked to highlight the closed captioning symbol "cc" on the bottom of their viewing screen to enable this function.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to order, roll call, and opening remarks
- Consideration of May 27, 2021, meeting minutes
- Advisory Committee chair updates
- Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
- Drug Utilization Review Board
- eHealth Advisory Committee
- Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Committee
- Texas Council on Consumer Direction
- Value Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee
- SMMCAC subcommittee updates
- Clinical Oversight and Administrative Simplification
- Complaints, Appeals, and Fair Hearings
- Network Adequacy and Access to Care
- Service and Care Coordination
- Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) updates
- 86th Legislative Session
- SB 1207 - Coordination of benefits
- SB 1177 – In lieu of Behavioral Health Services
- 87th Legislative Session
- HB 4 -Telemedicine and Texting provisions
- HB 133 – Healthy Texas Women Program
- HB 2658 – Omnibus bill - portions applicable to managed care
- SB 672 – Collaborative care
- Telehealth update
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program update on the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system
- 1115 Waiver update
- 86th Legislative Session
- Intellectual or developmental disability redesign and impact to managed care
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for future meeting
- Adjourn and thank you
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to eligibility, health and medical care services and policies that govern the administration of the Texas Medicaid program. Members of the public who would to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment form here.
Members of the public who would like to provide written public comment to HHSC may email Pramila Nepal at OPP_SMMCAC@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 09, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be forwarded to State staff and Committee members for their consideration. Comments should not include confidential information or protected health information.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 09, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section during the meeting to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. Do not include confidential information or protected health information in comments.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker must state their name and either the organization they are representing or that they are speaking as a private citizen. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible PDF format. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include confidential information or protected health information in handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to Committee members and State staff. It is not permissible for public speakers to interject or ask questions to Committee members during the rest of the meeting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Pramila Nepal, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Medicaid and CHIP Services Department at OPP_SMMCAC@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Nepal at OPP_SMMCAC@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.