Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
July 23, 2021 - 1:00pm
Microsoft Teams Meeting only.
There is no physical location for this meeting.
Registration here for public comments. Once the form is completed, DSHS
will provide the link for registered public attendees.
- Call meeting to order
- Approval of Minutes of Open Meeting on December 11th, 2020
- DSHS General Updates
- Review and possible amendment on the Medical Advisory Board’s Guide for Determining Driver Limitation
- Review the active use of Marijuana by a person while driving when they have a history of alcoholism as proposed by Dr. Tasker
- Discussion regarding the requirement that physicians must specifically address medication compliance, medication side effects, sleep deprivation and alcohol abuse in those with seizures as proposed by Dr. Burnette
- Evaluation of the Vision Guidelines as proposed by Dr. Butler, Dr. Carman and Dr. Tasker.
- Changes to the MAB Medical History Form proposed by Dr. LaValley
- Public Comment
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.
Action may be taken on any of the above items. The board reserves the right to go into executive session as authorized by the Government Code, Chapter 551. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the chair. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the board’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the public comment agenda item. The chair may establish limitations on speakers, including time limits and when speakers may address the board/committee.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Contact the Medical Advisory Board Administrative Support Group at email@example.com or by phone at 512-834-6739.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact the DSHS MAB Administrative Support group at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512-834-6739.