June 18, 2021 - 10:00am
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to health precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only.
Call to Order
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System
Review and Approval of February 2021 and April 2021 Meeting Minutes
- Chair Report and Discussion
- State Reports:
- Center for Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- EMS Trauma Systems
- Texas EMS and Trauma Registry
- GETAC Committee Reports:
- Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport Committee
- Cardiac Care Committee
- Disaster Preparedness and Response Committee
- Emergency Medical Services Committee
- EMS Education Committee
- EMS Medical Directors Committee
- Injury Prevention and Public Education Committee
- Pediatric Committee
- Stroke Committee
- Trauma Systems Committee
- GETAC Stakeholders Reports:
- Texas EMS, Trauma, and Acute Care Foundation (TETAF)
- EMS for Children (EMSC) State Partnership
- Texas Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Council
- Texas Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival (TX CARES)
- Texas Suicide Prevention Council
- Stop the Bleed Texas Coalition
Discussion, public comment, and possible action on the following items:
(Public comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
- Emergency Medical Task Force (EMTF) update
- Review and discussion of Texas Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival (TX CARES)
- Statewide wristband project
- Update and recommendation of the Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Section 157.125, Requirements for Trauma Facility Designation, Documentation of Evidence Guide
- GETAC meeting format
- Update from task force charged with examining the scope of mental health/behavioral health issues in emergency healthcare
- Discussion of issues surrounding personnel with mental health or substance abuse problems while on duty
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
(Final Public Comments)
Next meeting dates
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., June 15, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., June 15, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, DSHS, 512-484-8113, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.