June 15, 2021 - 10:00am
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting. Access the meeting here.
Please note that TEAMS is needed to access the meeting. The site can also be accessed by using Microsoft Edge as a web browser.
The Toxic Substances Coordinating Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Call to order and welcome everyone
- Approval of minutes dated March 16, 2021
- Presenter: Brent Bellinger PhD, Watershed Protection Department, City of Austin, Harmful Algal Blooms
- Subcommittee reports:
- Harmful Algal Bloom workgroup meeting update
- Fish Sampling subcommittee meeting update
- Environmental Health and Toxicology workgroup update
- Agency updates on department policy and/or legislative issues:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Railroad Commission of Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Public comments
- Review of upcoming meetings:
- September 14, 2021 – Irina Cody, Emerging and Acute Infectious Disease Unit, DSHS, DSHS, Food safety and outbreak investigations
- December 14, 2021 – Kerry Nieman, TCEQ, TMDL
Additional Information Obtained From:
Chair: Heidi Bojes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of the people of Texas through the prevention and control of adverse health effects related to toxic substances and harmful physical agents. This is accomplished through interagency coordination of regulation development, health risk assessments, cooperative studies, information dissemination, and public education efforts.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Heidi Bojes at email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.