June 14, 2021 - 10:00am
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to health precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Zoom Meeting.
Access the online meeting here.
Meeting ID: 928 9236 8921
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of February 2021 meeting minutes
GETAC Chair comments
EMS/Trauma Systems Update
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- COVID-19 Response, discussion of best practices, concerns, etc.
- Emergency Medical Task Force (EMTF) update
- Discussion regarding the creation of a core Air Medical Incident Support Team (MIST) group
- Statewide EMS/Emergency Medical Task Force (EMTF) wristband project
- Discussion of COVID After Action Review (AAR) Planning Committee Members
- Review recommendations for the addition of disaster data elements to the American College of Surgeons (ACS) National Trauma Data Standard (NTDS)
- Request from GETAC to review the HHS Federal Planning Region VI (Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and New Mexico), White Paper: Disaster Response for Pediatric Hospitals and Specialty Patients (TALON document)
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve disaster preparedness and response in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., June 10, 2021. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS no later than 5:00 p.m., June 10, 2021, and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, DSHS, 512-484-8113, or email@example.com.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.