Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
February 3, 2021 - 9:00am
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who wish to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome and introductions
- Review and approval of meeting minutes from November 10, 2020, meeting
- Election of chair
- Update: New member appointment process
- Choosing Wisely healthcare services: Educational initiative by American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Foundation
- Update: Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment transition and directed payment programs
- Staff update: Medicaid value-based activities
- Legislative update
- Workgroup reports:
- Value-based payment in home health, pharmacy and other areas
- Lesson learned from COVID-19 (including telemedicine, telehealth, health information exchange, and paying for primary care)
- Impact of pandemic on behavioral health
- Value-based payment and social factors
- Public comment
- Action items for staff and/or member follow-up
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Value-Based Payment Quality Improvement Advisory Committee. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., February 1, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment and information about joining the meeting will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., February 1, 2021. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf they speak (if anyone). Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jimmy Blanton, Director, Health Quality Institute, Health and Human Services Commission, at email@example.com or 512-487-4088.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Blanton at 512-487-4088 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.