Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
January 22, 2021 - 9:00am
Meeting Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here. Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
- Call to order
- Approval of minutes from October 22 and October 23, 2020 (vote required)
- Public comment on the drug classes to be reviewed for the Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDL):
- Acne agents, oral
- Acne agents, topical
- Analgesics, narcotics long
- Analgesics, narcotics short
- Angiotensin modulator combinations
- Angiotensin modulators
- Antimigraine agents, other
- Antimigraine agents, triptans
- Antiparkinson agents
- Bladder relaxant preparations
- Glucagon agents
- H. pylori treatment
- Immunomodulators, atopic dermatitis
- Intranasal rhinitis agents
- Movement disorders
- Neuropathic pain
- Oncology, oral - Breast
- Oncology, oral - Hematologic
- Oncology, oral - Lung
- Oncology, oral - Other
- Oncology, oral - Prostate
- Oncology, oral - Renal cell
- Oncology, oral - Skin
- Phosphate binders
- Platelet aggregation inhibitors
- Progestins for cachexia
- aa. Proton pump inhibitors
- bb. Smoking cessation
- cc. Stimulants and related agents
- Public comment on new drugs to be reviewed for the Medicaid PDL:
- Airduo Digihaler (inhalation) / Glucocorticoids, inhaled
- Armonair Digihaler (inhalation) / Glucocorticoids, inhaled
- Bafiertam Capsule Dr (oral) / Multiple sclerosis agents
- Breztri Aerosphere HFA AER AD (inhalation) / Glucocorticoids, inhaled
- Diclotrex Kit (topical) / Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Enbrel Vial (subcutaneous) / Cytokine and cell-adhesion molecule (CAM) antagonists
- Enspryng (subcutaneous) / Cytokine and CAM antagonists
- Hemady (oral) / Glucocorticoids, oral
- Kesimpta (subcutane) / Multiple sclerosis agents
- Semglee (subcutaneous) / Hypoglycemics, insulin and related agents
- Therapeutic and clinical drug reviews and updates: Magellan Medicaid Administration
- Executive work session
Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 531.071, and in accordance with Texas Administrative Code Title 1, Part 15, Subchapter F, Section 354.1941(c)(2), the DURB may meet in executive session on one or more items listed under new business as permitted by the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Announcements of drugs recommended for the Medicaid PDL: Magellan Medicaid Administration (vote required)
- Retrospective drug utilization review (DUR): Conduent, LLC
- Report on recent retrospective DUR interventions:
- Gabapentinoids Drug Utilization Evaluation (DUE)
- Overutilization of antibiotics
- Contraceptives DUE
- Report on recent retrospective DUR intervention outcomes:
- Pain management with opioids
- Monitoring of psychotropic drugs in youth
- Diabetes management
- Retrospective DUR proposals: (vote required)
- Report on recent retrospective DUR interventions:
- Prospective prior authorization proposals (clinical edits): KEPRO, LLC (vote required)
- Retrospective drug use criteria for outpatient use in Vendor Drug Program: The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy (vote required)
- Next meeting date: April 23, 2021
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to DURB and Medicaid PDL. Members of the public who would like to pre-register to provide oral comments at the meeting or to provide written comments may complete a Public Comment Form. Pre-registration is not required but encouraged.
To pre-register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Pre-registration for oral public comment is due no later than 5:00 p.m. January 20. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting, unless the speaker brings handouts to the meeting.
A member of the public may register at the meeting to speak using the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public oral comment day of meeting. The request must contain your name, and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Instructions for providing oral comment will be provided.
A member of the public who provides written public comment may email VDP-Advisory no later than 5:00 p.m. January 12. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to ten pages and will be made available to DURB Board members for their consideration prior to meeting.
All written comments that are not read at the meeting will be posted on the Board’s website after the meeting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Maribel O. Castoreno, DUR/PDL Oversight Specialist, Health and Human Services Commission, Medicaid and CHIP Services, 512-552-7672.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Castoreno or at 512-552-7672 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.