Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
October 23, 2020 - 9:00am
Day two of two-day meeting
Meeting Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here. Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
- Call to order
- Approval of minutes from July 24, 2020 (vote required)
- Public comment on the drug classes to be reviewed for the Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDL):
- Androgenic agents
- Antibiotics, gastrointestinal (GI)
- Antibiotics, topical
- Antibiotics, vaginal
- Antiemetics/Antivertigo agents
- Antifungals, oral
- Antifungals, topical
- Antihistamines - first generation
- Antiparasitics, topical
- Antivirals, topical
- Bone resorption suppression and related agents
- Colony stimulating factors
- Epinephrine, self-injected
- GI motility, chronic
- Growth hormone
- Hepatitis C agents
- Hypoglycemics, incretin mimetics/enhancers
- Hypoglycemics, insulin and related
- Hypoglycemics, meglitinides
- Hypoglycemics, metformin
- Hypoglycemics, sodium-glucose cotranporter-2 inhibitors (SLGT2)
- Hypoglycemics, thiazolidinedione (TZD)
- Opiate dependence treatments
- Public comment on new drugs to be reviewed for the Medicaid Preferred Drug List
- Therapeutic and clinical drug reviews and updates: Magellan Medicaid Administration
- Executive work session
Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 531.071, and in accordance with Texas Administrative Code Title 1, Part 15, Subchapter F, Section 354.1941(c)(2), the DURB may meet in executive session on one or more items listed under new business as permitted by the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Announcements of drugs recommended for the Medicaid PDL: Magellan Medicaid Administration (vote required)
- Retrospective DUR: Conduent, LLC
- Report on recent retrospective DUR interventions:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) drug use evaluation (DUE)
- Asthma management
- Pharmacotherapy of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Report on recent retrospective DUR intervention outcomes:
- Treatment with opioids, benzodiazepines, and antipsychotics
- Retrospective DUR proposals: (vote required)
- Report on recent retrospective DUR interventions:
- Prospective prior authorization proposals (clinical edits): KEPRO, LLC (vote required)
- Retrospective drug use criteria for outpatient use in Vendor Drug Program: The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy (vote required)
- Next meeting date: January 22, 2021
- Adjourn – Day Two
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to DURB and Medicaid PDL. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing Maribel O. Castoreno at VDP-Advisory@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. October 12. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to ten pages and will be made available to DUR Board members for consideration.
If you would like to register to provide oral public comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral public comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. October 20. Oral public comments are limited to three minutes. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Oral public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in an accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members and State staff prior to the meeting. Handouts or written comments are limited to ten pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and completing the public comment form and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Maribel O. Castoreno, DUR/PDL Oversight Specialist, Health and Human Services
Commission, Medicaid and CHIP Services, 512-552-7672, and VDP-Advisory@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Castoreno at 512-552-7672 or VDP-Advisory@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.