Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
October 16, 2020 - 1:30pm
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Join the meeting here. Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to Order and Welcome – Dr. Natalie Vanek, M.D., Committee Chair
- Logistical Announcement and Roll Call – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC)
- Review and Approval of July 31, 2020, Meeting Minutes (Vote Required) – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, HHSC
- Commissioner’s Updates – Imelda Garcia, Associate Commissioner, Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- THMP Update– Rachel Sanor, THMP Manager
- Sub-Committee Reports
- Governance/Data – Nancy Miertschin
- Eligibility – Frank Rosas
- Formulary Sub-committee report – Dr. Natalie Vanek, M.D.
- Public Comment – Sallie Allen, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, HHSC
- Action items and agenda topics for next scheduled meeting January 29, 2021 – Dr. Natalie Vanek, M.D., Committee Chair
- Adjourn – Dr. Natalie Vanek, M.D., Committee Chair
Public Comment: DSHS welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to the Texas HIV Medication Program. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing Mary Richards, at Mary.Richards@dshs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00
p.m. Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen as well as your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and whom they are speaking on behalf of. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to DSHS staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Mary Richards, Pharmacy Coordinator, DSHS, at Mary.Richards@dshs.texas.gov or via phone at 1-800-255-1090.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Mary Richards, at Mary.Richards@dshs.texas.gov, or 800-255-1090 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.