Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
October 15, 2020 - 10:00am
Teleconference from Texas Department of State Health Services
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Access the meeting online here.
Call-in Number: +1 (872) 240-3412
Access Code: 764-937-637
- Chairman’s welcome and introductions
- Establish a quorum – roll call and possible action to approve excused absences
- Statewide Health Coordinating Council (SHCC) discussion and possible action to approve June 4, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- SHCC discussion and possible action to approve 2021-2022 Update to the State Health Plan (SHP)
- Round-table discussion on areas of interest for next SHP
- Dr. John Hellerstedt’s address to SHCC
- Presentation on and SHCC discussion of Trauma Care by Dr. Eduardo Perez
- SHCC agency representatives’ reports
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC)
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Report on SHCC representation on the HHSC E-Health Advisory Committee
- Health Professions Resource Center and SHCC coordinator’s report
- Texas Center for Nursing Workforce Studies report
- Administrative items and next steps
- 2021 tentative SHCC meeting dates: February 25, June 17, and October 14
- Dr. Salil Deshpande resignation and SHCC appointment of replacement SHCC member
- Farewell to Matt Turner
- Public comment and adjourn
Note: The SHCC may act upon any agenda item.
For Additional Information Contact: Ashlee Bledsoe, PhD, Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756, 512-776-6541, SHCC@dshs.texas.gov
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Anne Nordhaus at 512-776-3862 or SHCC@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.