August 7, 2020 - 9:00am
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, opening remarks, and introductions
- Approval of minutes for June 23, 2020 (vote required)
- Peer Services
- Response to Behavioral Health Advisory Committee peer services letter
- Medicaid reimbursement rates for peer services
- Peer services update
- Behavioral Health Advisory Committee next steps
- Suicide Prevention
- Health and Human Services Commission updates
- Behavioral Health Services
- Office of Mental Health Coordination
- Legislative appropriations request and exceptional items
- Discussion: Access to care for underrepresented groups
- Behavioral Health Advisory Committee infrastructure
- Officer elections (vote required)
- Subcommittee updates and annual review (vote required)
- Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity
- Self-Directed Care
- Children and Youth Behavioral Health Services
- Block Grant
- Integrated Care
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for next meeting
- Closing remarks
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Behavioral Health. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing BHAC@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the organization you are representing or if you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Adriana Flores, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Office of Mental Health Coordination, 512-380-4303, or BHAC@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Adriana Flores at 512-380-4303 or BHAC@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.