Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
July 29, 2020 - 9:00am
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Opening remarks and introductions
- Approval of minutes from January 29, 2020 committee meeting
- Introduction of Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Forensic Director
- Update on the Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services (JCAFS) proposed rules
- Ideas for new members
- JCAFS vacancies
- Schedule for election of JCAFS officers
- Timeline for HHSC and JCAFS deliverables
- Texas Forensic Implementation Team (TFIT)
- JCAFS coordination with Behavioral Health Advisory Committee Housing Subcommittee
- Subcommittee reports
- Approval of Bed Day Allocation Methodology
- Approval of Utilization Review Protocol and additional recommendations
- New Beds
- Update on HHSC survey of Texas sheriffs
- Review the JCAFS data dashboard
- New and ongoing state hospital issues
- Possible work projects for 2021 and discussion on 87th Legislative Session
- Public comment
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to any agenda item. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form at https://texashhs.org/JCAFS_PCReg_July2020. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing JCAFS@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, July 27, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 27, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, either the name of the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, and, on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to Jim LaRue at JCAFS@hhsc.state.tx.us immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jim LaRue, Program Specialist, Health and Human Services Commission,
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact LaRue at 512-517-1621 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.